Complaint Review: AAMCO Transmissions

• AAMCO Transmissions
    3029 E South St, Ste B
    Long Beach, California
    USA

DON'T GO THERE!!!!  THEY WILL TELL, THEY NEED TO OPEN UP AND LOOK INTO CAR, BECAUSE THIS IS THE ONLY WAY.  THEN YOUR WILL CHARGE YOU OUTRAGE PRICE, YOU SAY NO! THERE IS ANOTHER CHARGE FOR PUTTING BACK PIECES.  RUN RUN RUN.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2013 08:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aamco-transmissions/long-beach-california-90805/aamco-transmissions-lies-long-beach-california-1072853. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

shop a round and get information before hand!

AUTHOR: classic muscle power - ()

OK, when it comes to transmissions with the newer ones you will have a check engine light come one where the can scan, and have the scanner run a dianostice on said transmission making it shift through the gears or do a drive-ablity test. any good transmission shop knows when they're bad, then give you options rebuild or new, depending what they feel is right for you ect.

#2 General Comment

99% of Transmission Companies are Ripoffs. This is why folks normally Sell their cars when the transmission goes

AUTHOR: AMA35 - ()

I have never dealt with a transmission company but I came close. It seemed like a scam to me. It was with Eagle Transmission in Dallas, TX. I went there to get an estimate on a new transmission. The white guy started talking very fast. That was the first clue that something was not right. He seemed like a hustler. He was behind the counter. I have a lot of street sense. I can sense this about people.

But this is what made me walk out....

He said he couldn't give me an estimate on a new transmission!! Not a rebuilt one but a new one!! Without first taken my current transmission out the car and breaking it apart to look inside. Now something wasn't right with that answer. Plus he apparently didn't want to even offer me a new transmission and kept trying to get me to do "rebuilt". Those must really be the money makers for them.

I simply could not bolt the guy down on a firm price at all or even close to a firm price. How is it that someone who has fixed transmissions for YEARS has no clue about an "estimate" or even a "rough estimate". He was wavery to me.

And also...

Even a fool would know that if they take the transmission out and break it apart THEY KNOW THEY HAVE YOU as you either pay their INFLATED CHARGES or get your car towed and pay them for the work already done which is already substantial. Either way  YOU WILL GET TAKEN.

So I just sold my car. It was pretty old anyway.

Most people sell their cars becuase the trasmission shops are so crooked.