Complaint Review: AAMCO

• Reported By: MDEMT — Holly Springs North Carolina USA
  • AAMCO

Nationwide
    USA

AAMCO Failure to honor transmission warranty Waldorf, York, Annapolis & York Nationwide

AAMCO does not want to cover their transmission warranty. I've had 2 put in at the East York shop in PA, that shop is now closed. That one was located on East Market Street in York, PA. The 3rd one was put in in Annapolis, MD and when that one went out I took it to the one in West York, PA where it was evaluated and I was told that the warranty company would not let them replace the transmission again until I got work done to the engine and wheel (the wheel repairs that were required was from stuff that the one located in East York, PA messed up). I was told that I had a coolant leak from the radiator (radiator, thermostat and water pump had been replaced) as well as a speed sensor and wiring harness. Then they proceeded to tell me that the head on my engine was blown and I needed to replace the engine. Well, I told my mechanic everything that they told me. He went over my car with a fine tooth comb and found nothing wrong with the engine at all and no coolant leak as I had been previously advised. He made the needed repairs to clear all codes that were showing up. So, I've paid him and took the car to AAMCO in Waldorf, MD where I am now being told that there is coolant in my transmission and that it would not be covered under warranty.  The West York AAMCO never advised that there was coolant in the transmission case.  The car has not been able to be driven other than enough to put it on a tow dolly which I have had to rent 4 of from U-Haul to move the vehicle each time.  I contacted my mechanic and told him that AAMCO is now saying I have coolant in my transmission and he says "no you don't".

SO, IT'S QUITE OBVIOUS THAT AAMCO DOESN'T WANT TO STAND BEHIND THEIR WARRANTY OR THEIR WORK. My dad has now had the vehicle towed to a friend of his that owns his own transmission shop and that's where it has been.  The owner of the shop looked at the transmission (the one from AAMCO) that was in it when it arrived and he also checked it and advised that there was no coolant in the transmission case.

My dad is the one who paid to have the 1st rebuilt transmission put in.  I have moved 2 times since the 1st transmission was put in and am currently unable to find any of the paperwork from AAMCO, so I don't even recall how much my dad paid the first time we had the transmission replaced.  Guess I will have to go spend an entire day at my storage unit going through boxes to find all of the paperwork for all of the work that the AAMCO shops have done to the car.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2016 04:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aamco/nationwide/aamco-failure-to-honor-transmission-warranty-waldorf-york-annapolis-amp-york-nationwi-1285156. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content