Complaint Review:

• Updated: Thu, June 18, 2015

• Reported By: Dallas — Schaumburg Illinois USA
Aamco
603 w wise Schaumburg, Illinois USA

Aamco transmission Withheld vehicle recall and extended coverage from me Schaumburg Illinois

Dropped off my saturn aura xr for transmission issues bc Firestone nearby referred me. Next day, no word from these guys at all. Upon researching reviews on this place, I decided to just go pick my car back up to bring to another shop jus before they closed again. Upon my arrival, I overheard the two mechanics discussing my car in back. One guy shouted to the other, "theres a silent recall warranty for this but I'm not telling the guy" (me), the other one shouted back, "neither am i". I walked around the building to the garage door to make it appear like I just ariver to the shop. The mechanic Rich proceeded to tell me what was wrong with the car and that it would cost min. $3500. There was no mention of the silent recall or extended coverage offered by GM they were secretly discussing before. Too bad though Rich, I really wanted things to work out and find a trusted mechanic like we discussed when I first dropped the car off. One of the first things you told me was that u make sure you are honest so that u can sleep @nite. It's no suprise to see your shop on ripoff report multiple times.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2015 04:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aamco/schaumburg-illinois-60193/aamco-transmission-withheld-vehicle-recall-and-extended-coverage-from-me-schaumburg-illi-1236559. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aamco