Complaint Review: AAMCO

• Submitted: Wed, December 26, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, December 26, 2012
  • Reported By: Rachel (Long Beach, CA) — Carson California United States of America
  • AAMCO
    1040 E. Willow Street
    Signal Hill, California
    United States of America

AAMCO Rob & Bob I was told over the phone "Free Inspections" but that was all a LIE! Signal Hill, California

I was having some issues with my 2002 Honda Accord. It wouldn't reverse anymore. I had contacted AAMCO after reading a review of how great they are in re-building a transmission. On 10/3, I contacted Rob from AAMCO and advised him that my vehicle will NOT reverse for some reason!. He then advised for me to bring my car down for a free inspection. Who knew that AAMCO were going to take my transmission apart. Then my husband and I were informed that it will be $2700 to rebuild the transmission. I explained to the mechanic that there was no way that we'd have the money up front. He then said that he told his boss that I was his neighbor in order to receive a discount. He then called and said it would be $2200. I asked Rob "Who told you to take my transmission apart?" and he said "How else could we inspect the transmission without taking it apart?". I didn't know what to do! My brother advised he has a mechanic who's pretty good and offers great prices. [continued below]....
.....  I contacted my Brothers' mechanic and he said that he can get a used one for about $850. I called AAMCO and advised that we were going to pick-up our car and take it to my brother's mechanic. Rob said "In that case, we can put the transmission together for $600". WOOOOW... My husband went down there and told them to put our transmission in a box and he would arrange a tow truck to tow our car. When our car finally arrived at my brothers' mechanic, he advised that AAMCO took the transmission apart "every piece). The Mechanic advised "Every screw that did not need to be taken apart, was taken apart!". My mechanic was able to re-build the transmission. However he advised it took a little longer than planned due to the errors from AAMCO. If AAMCO never would've taken my transmission apart the way they did, I wouldn't have had to wait 3 weeks for my vehicle (AAMCO had it for 1 1/2 week before transferring my car to my brother's mechanic). My car runs fine now and I spent less than 1/2 of what I would've spent with AAMCO!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2012 05:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aamco/signal-hill-california-90805/aamco-rob-bob-i-was-told-over-the-phone-free-inspections-but-that-was-all-a-lie-signa-987326. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content