Complaint Review: ABC Mouse.com

• ABC Mouse.com

Internet
    USA

ABC Mouse.com Fraudulant Building Practices West Coast Internet

When I signed up for a year of ABCmouse.com in February of 2015, I noticed it had an automatic annual renewal.  I contacted ABC mouse and told them to deactivate this feature in my account, to which they agreed to, and stated that they had.  This month, I was billed the annual fee of $59.95, to the same credit card I paid with the first time.  I'm not sure how it even happened, as I had to change the number due to the number being stolen and other fraudulent charges during 2015.

It took my credit card company and me several attempts to even get a hold of someone.  When we finally did, she stated as a "one time courtesy," they would reverse billing for me and credit my account.  I became angry, and explained that that was an infuriating comment, as I had already tried to prevent this from happening last year, and this was an inconvenience, not a courtesy.  She wanted to know the name of the individual I spoke with.  I told her I couldn't remember, this was over a year ago, but a common practice I have with companies that bill on an annual basis.  I do not auto renew until I know I like the service.

She said there was no record of that communication.  I asked her in addition to refunding my money that they billed fraudulently, to remove me from future communications.  She would not give my credit card company (who was on the line with me) a confirmation number, but stated it would be emailed to me.  The service they provide is good, but if you decide you want out, their billing practices are unethical.  It took my friend 4 months to receive a refund, and several phone calls.  Dealing with this company is a nightmare.  Beware of giving them your credit card number.  They have a complete disregard for your wishes as a consumer.  They are probably hoping you just miss the fraudulent charge on your statement.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2016 10:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/abc-mousecom/internet/abc-mousecom-fraudulant-building-practices-west-coast-internet-1285967. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content