• Report: #1019779

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

This company sold me an expensive 5 Year Extended Warranty for my Samsung LCD TV.  When I needed service, the company performing the work (www.myrepairtech.com) did not exist.  This is inexcusable and Abes of Main should be held accountable for the repairs of my Samsung.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2013 03:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/abes-of-maine/edison-new-jersey-08837/abes-of-maine-sold-me-a-bogus-5-year-extended-warranty-edison-new-jersey-1019779. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Abes of Maine

Abes of Maine, cannot be trusted

AUTHOR: - (USA)

I ordered camera from Abe's of Maine. Received email order confirmation. I also received email to call 1-800-992-2237 ext. 272 to talk to Jeff. I did. Jeff asked me what battery pack I want to buy with camera. I told him that I can use battery from my older Sony camera. I also ask him question about camera I ordered. It was just simple question "Is the camera I ordered International version or version manufactured for US market" (since this is not mentioned on company web page). He obviously did not like my question and start to argue with me. As the result he canceled my order for no reason. Very unpleasant experience.

Beware of Abes of Maine

AUTHOR: ox - (USA)

Buyers Beware! This is a big ripoff company called Abes of Maine! They are a Bait & Switch operation!

Abes of Maine, they run a scheme called “Predatory free capitalism” it's a terrible inhumane deplorable practice, they're going to sucker you in with low prices and then they're going to rip you apart and then they going to upsell you on things that should of been involved. Abes of Maine is what’s wrong with society. If you’re wondering what is wrong with society, this is one company that is using deplorable’s business practices to do whatever they want and rip people off! There are so many complaints on this business, it is unbeliveable they are still in business.

Don't buy from Abes of Maine, these guys are a bait & switch operation, they're method of business is scheming people with extra fees, they call to verify your card but also they will add charges and bill you anyway without notification even if you decline to accept the item, they are ruthless and they have a department for chargeback, they apparently have a lot of angry customers that have declined payments where they are horrible over the phone and have the worst record on for online reviews. Yes they will think of any reason to raise the price after you made the purchase. I mean seriously read the online reviews on this company; they have customer after customer of their shrewd service on a host of complaints all over the internet on this scheme operation. Buyers beware, do NOT buy from these people. Worst experience ever is with this company, had to fight my bank to get my money back and to see how they responded to the bank, yes they lied to my bank and they wouldn't return my calls or emails to them, even their supervisor.

Yes I was a victim of this horrible business of their scheme business practice, so I am posting information allover online to inform people this is a scam business. abesofmaine.com/LG_Signature_C7_Series_OLED65C7P_-_65_OLED_Smart_TV_-_4K_UltraHD_1031760.html?l=Criteo&?utm_source=Criteo&utm_campaign=Retargeting&utm_medium=CPC

Stay away from Abes of Maine; seriously don't buy from these people.

To Employee #1

AUTHOR: Edward12 - ()

Abes of Maine is the one who told me the warranty company they sold me for services went out of business.  They would do nothing.  Fortunately, I found a class action lawsuit against Samsung for the problem I was having, and the plantiff won.  Samsung was great and fixed my LCD TV with a certified Samsung repairman who came to my house at no charge.  Bottom line is that I will never deal with Abes of Maine again, and I recently found on the Internet that they had filed for bankrupcy in the past.  Hmmmm I wonder why.

A Question , and a comment

AUTHOR: IamGood - (USA)

Question #1
What year did you purchase the warrenty?  And when did you attempt to contact the Warrenty company about your repairs?  If your bought your TV, and warrenty some time ago, then more than likely the Warrenty company was still in business when Abe's sold you the warrenty.

Comment:
Did you know that most extended warrenties are 3rd party warrenties?  That is Abe's doesnt own that warrenty , he just sells them ,because the Warrenty Company offered him compensation for selling you the Warrenty.  With this in mind, if the Warrenty Company goes out of business your complaint is not with Abe's, but with the Warrenty Company.  Unless you can prove that Abe's knew that this company was bogus, then you need to go after the Warrenty Company for compensation.

Perhaps you should have done some due dillagence before buying that warrenty, Perhaps by calling them, or checking their web site.  I know, I know you are gonna say, they offered it to me at the check out stand, and did not give me time to check, but then you should have said let me hold on until I check them out.