Complaint Review: Acai Berry Pure - Advanced Cleanse

• Acai Berry Pure - Advanced Cleanse
    20100 S. Vermont Ave.
    Torrance, California
    United States of America

Acai Berry Pure - Advanced Cleanse free trial a scam It may be free, but there is 149.95 membership fee and a foreign transaction fee of 4.49 that are hidden. Torrance California

This company offered a free trial for 0.99 shipping fee.  I called and cancelled the product (it was outside the 30 days, but I didn't realize I wasn't tolerating the procuct right away).  The operator never told me that my card was being charged the 149.95 membership fee anyway (and I found out that had I continued the supply, I would have been charged monthly for each supply.)  When I explained that I was not tolerating the cleanse, the operator (and later the supervisor) refused to remove the membership fee (I would have been okay with the the charge for the one month supply but they would not agree to that).

In addition, my card was charged 4.49 foreign transaction fee.  What a surprise as I had checked the address because I wanted a product from the US and this one had a CA address.  They wouldn't budge on that either.

Perhaps the biggest issue I had was that shortly after my card was charged, someone fraudulently got a hold of my credit card and tried to use it at an ATM.  While I can't be certain, this card is only used for very few purchases and most of the purchases are repeats (and not internet purchases), so that coincidence is hard to overlook.  I will never do business again with this company and they are very underhanded in their methods.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2010 06:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/acai-berry-pure-advanced-cleanse/torrance-california-90502/acai-berry-pure-advanced-cleanse-free-trial-a-scam-it-may-be-free-but-there-is-14995-594692. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content