Complaint Review: Acceptance Now

• Reported By: Dee — Waldorf Maryland USA
  • Acceptance Now

Nationwide
    USA

Acceptance Now RAC (Rent A Center) Uploaded ridiculous interest fees on consumers Nationwide

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Service

Acceptance Now which I did not know was a subsidiary of Rent A Center they dont tell you imposed outragous interest fees they dont really disclose to you they just keep saying that you have 90 days to payoff without interest. If you dont pay off by your 90 days then you receive interesr and they give you some kinda payment schedule which is confusing. I asked the interest rate again they dont disclose that just show this payment schedule. The kicker is my total furniture bill which included the service plan was around $2,600 total. I was only approved for $ 1.800 so I had to pay balance in cash. However, with my down payments and all my monthly bill ran about $213 which included some third party benefits club which you have to include in the financing and of course they tell you no different. I call try to use benefits out the plan and everyone tells me this plan doesnt include these benefits ie road side assistance. When I go back to make my payment I ask them to take this crap "Benefis Plus" out my plan. So my payment only adjusted about $14 to $15....really $13 and change because I believe they taxed that. Now my payments about $199. I've been paying on a balance if approximately $2,200 to $2,300 since I believe October and come June my total payoff is still $2,213. Im like OMG A few months before this of course where is all my money going if I pay 199 that exclduses the benefits plan and about $27 is app,ied to my principle (after they give me new balance) where and what does the other $172 go towards? I got some lame excuse about it cost the company lots of money to offer us financing and expenses). So you take 86% of my payment for yourselves and call it helping build my credit and then you put on my credit report the total amount (3times the total sale) over $6,000 to show Im indebted to you for this if I continue to pay on monthly basis, giving me a high debt ratio. This is not helping consumers, this is sabotage and taking advantage of people with fair or nit so goid situations credit wise. I now believe the furniture stores finance office's (if really exist) applications are being turned down just so consumers can be referred to Acceptance Now which is just a Rent A Center. I do believe this is a sabotage and rip off to consumers and their rights.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2017 10:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/acceptance-now/nationwide/acceptance-now-rac-rent-a-center-uploaded-ridiculous-interest-fees-on-consumers-nation-1379295. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Customer Service

AUTHOR: RAC Employee - (USA)

Hello, I work for Acceptance Now. We certainly never want our customers to feel this way and we would really like to look into your account further and see if there's anything we can do to help. Whenever you get the chance, please give our customer service team a call at 1-800-422-8186.