Complaint Review: Access Travel Network

• Access Travel Network
    672 N Semoran Blvd #301
    Orlando, Florida
    United States of America

Access Travel Network Refused to refund my money for a timeshare buyout Orlando, Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Timeshare Scams

Access Travel Network contacted me on Dec 5, 2012 stating that my RCI timeshare weeks were about to expire. Indeed, they did expire in February according to RCI. Access Travel stated that they were affiliated with RCI (which they are not - I later found out) and seemed to know exactly how many weeks I had with that particular timeshare company. They stated that a convention
was being held in Orlando during the time my "weeks" were going to expire. They offered to "buy" them from me, and asked that I pay them $149.00 for each week in advance - for a total of: $894.00 and guaranteed that a check would be in my mailbox within 30-90 days in the amount of: $1124 per week which would be a total of $6744.00. Of course, the check never came.

I've requested a refund, and I have repeatedly been denied a refund and/or completely ignored. They never have an answer as to why a check has not been processed and can produce no proof that they've tried to provided any services whatsoever.

RCI denies any involvement with this company. Yet, this company knew a great deal about my timeshare, had my phone number, home address, and details that I did not reveal to anyone else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2013 04:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/access-travel-network/orlando-florida-32807/access-travel-network-refused-to-refund-my-money-for-a-timeshare-buyout-orlando-florida-1025773. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Timeshare Scams

AUTHOR: RoseW - ()

Be aware that timeshare scams are very common these days, therefore, before making any type of deal with ANY timeshare company, you should first find put if the company is legitimate, also, you should never pay an upfront fee to sell your timeshare weeks, too bad that you had to learn this the hard way. I suggest you to read these articles from Mexican Timeshare Solutions about timeshare scams and how to get out of one of them: