Complaint Review: Accessory Circuit (Accessorycircuit.com)

• Submitted: Wed, July 28, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, July 28, 2010
  • Reported By: PGinFL — Boca Raton Florida United States of America
  • Accessory Circuit (Accessorycircuit.com)
    2371 Pacific Coast Highway
    Santa Monica, California
    United States of America

Accessory Circuit ,Accessorycircuit.com Bait & Switch scheme on camera accessories Santa Monica, California

This morning I ordered a Canon camera battery charger for $23.99 from them which their website clearly listed "In Stock". Five hours later Steve left a mssg for me. When I called back he told me this item is back ordered 4-6 weeks with Canon and he's sure I must need it sooner for a special occasion. When I said I need it immediately he then offered an "upgrade" which is available; usually $79 but for my "inconvenience" he'll make it $49.

I told him the website clearly said it was "In Stock" and this sounds like a bait and switch to me and to cancel my order. As soon as I said that, he offered the "upgrade" at the same price as the original. I went along with it but then when I saw a similar post on this website (posted today) I called back to cancel my order. Now I only get his voicemail...I don't want to deal with this company - scam artists!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2010 04:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/accessory-circuit-accessorycircuitcom/santa-monica-california-90402/accessory-circuit-accessorycircuitcom-bait-switch-scheme-on-camera-accessories-santa-m-627225. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content