Complaint Review: Ace Duct Cleaning

• Ace Duct Cleaning

Internet
    United States of America

Ace Duct Cleaning False Advertising Internet

I called Ace Duct Cleaning from an ad I received in a packet in the mail.  My vents had not been cleaned in over 10 years.  I chose the Ultimate Package for $89.  This is what the ad said:

$89 Ultimate Package

Unlimited vents up to a single furnace.  We open, vacuum and brush, deodorize and clean each duct under negative pressure, plus basic cleaning for the furnace including all interior components.  Recommended for customers that haven't cleaned their ducts for 5 years.  Also included free:  basic cleaning for the furnace +21 point furnace inspection, Dryer Vent Cleaning, and Camera Inspection included in all packages.

The workman told me that he would only do the intake vents, not the return vents, that the return vents would be a separate, additional charge of $450-$500.  He proceeded to open one of the return vents to show me the large amount of dust and dirt that it contained.  I told him the ad said "unlimited" vents, the ad did not specify what kind of vents - intake or return.  I knew the workman was trying to get much more money than I had agreed to pay, which was $89.  I refused to pay any more than the $89, thus the workman did not clean the "return" vents.  I asked if the furnace had been cleaned, he said it had, but I did not see it being done.  The workman tried repeatedly to get me to pay hundreds of dollars more to do all my vents.  I was very angry and later called the company asking to speak to the owner.  I left my name and number, but have still not received a call back.  I will never use this company again or trust ads of this type that I get by mail.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2013 11:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ace-duct-cleaning/internet/ace-duct-cleaning-false-advertising-internet-1043866. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content