Complaint Review: Ace Hardware Rebate Program

• Ace Hardware Rebate Program
    Rt 47
    Woodstock, Illinois
    United States of America

Ace Hardware Rebate Program Ace Hardware does not honor rebates advertised McHenry County, Illinois

At a price $47.99 for Scotts fertilizer Ace was the highest price in town. But advertised as $37.99 after a $10.00 rebate it was the best price in town, and so I purchased 3 bags.

As required I filled out a rebate form very carefully, paying attention to enter correct UPC code, the brand name, and number of bags, etc. Having purchased three (3) bags with a $10.00 rebate per bag I was entitled to a rebate of $30.00 total. And I made a digital copy of the form for future documentation.

However, Ace wouldn't honor that. They sent a rebate check of only $10.00 for one rebate as opposed to the 3 I was entitled to. I've been haggling with them over the web for 3 weeks now, and 3 different people emailed me the rebate would be sent to me. NO check.

All I get is lame excuses and their website indicating "scheduled for final processing" but nothing happens. They just emailed me a new tracking number in which I cut/pasted it directly from the email, and there is no such tracking number in existence on their system.

I'm just getting jerked around by their corporate office.

Ace Hardware rebates are a ripoff.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2009 03:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ace-hardware-rebate-program/woodstock-illinois-/ace-hardware-rebate-program-ace-hardware-does-not-honor-rebates-advertised-mchenry-county-479516. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content