Complaint Review: Ace Hardware

Holland, Michigan
    United States of America

Ace Hardware Lies about product, then rejects refund request. Holland, Michigan

*Consumer Comment: What

My 68 year-old Father-in-law purchased a computer desk at ACE Hardware. He noticed that the box had been opened previously and asked the saleswoman if she was sure all the pieces for assembly were in the box. She said she was 'SURE' all the pieces were in the box and that it had not been tampered with.

After my Father-in-law came home to have me assemble it, we noticed 2 important pieces were missing. Store employees and the manager refused to refund him his money, stating that all sales were final and he should of opened the box to make sure all the pieces were included!!!

They constantly told us he got a 'GREAT DEAL' on the desk. They also referred themselves several times that their business was just like a 'garage sale' or 'flea market' where you cannot return products in any circumstance. Last time I checked, ACE Hardware didn't operate in someone's front yard.

On top of it all, all of their employees were completely rude and unsympathetic at my Father-in-law's situation. When I called the store, they hung up on me twice and then called ME to demand an apology!!  I said nothing derogatory or profane to their employees to apologize for.

**I contacted ACE Hardware's national customer service line and they told me they had no influence in how their franchised businesses operated. However, they had submitted an email to the franchise owner who was supposed to contact me....he never did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2011 12:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ace-hardware/holland-michigan-49423/ace-hardware-lies-about-product-then-rejects-refund-request-holland-michigan-759239. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

What

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

a bunch of CROOKS!

Next time pay with credit card so you can initiate a chargeback!