Complaint Review: Acer America Corp.

• Submitted: Fri, June 12, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, June 12, 2009
  • Reported By: Cass Lake Minnesota
  • Acer America Corp.
    333 West San Carlos St.
    San Jose, California

Acer Of America - Acer America Corp. Refused to provide support for reseller of defective acer aspire L 100. San Jose California

I own a small ma and pa furniture store . We purchased several computers thru a redistributer to sell. A customer came and wanted to buy the aspire so I attempted to boot it up to demonstrate it to him. It failed to do so and after several attempts with no results I contacted acer America for help.

Not only did I find it almost impossible to talk to anyone who knew anything or how to direct me when I did I was told that the product was out of warranty.

I repeated that since I was a retailer of there product it could not be out since a consumer had not purchased it.

They eventually (after several weeks of calls hold and wait) gave me an authorization # to have it serviced free! Yahoo its taken care of.

So I wait for a responce to my fax, none came.

I went thru the above process again and was told that even though I had been approved for service and had a valid code they still would not repair this difective product.

Donatello
Cass Lake, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2009 03:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/acer-america-corp/san-jose-california/acer-of-america-acer-america-corp-refused-to-provide-support-for-reseller-of-defective-461209. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content