Complaint Review: Acer Computers

• Acer Computers
    333 West San Carlos Street, Suite 1500
    San Jose, California

Acer Computers Don't buy an Acer computer!!!! San Jose California

This is the worst customer experience I have ever had. Acer told me that my laptop is out of warranty when it still had a month! The customer svs rep told me that they couldn't fix my problem but if I wanted to send it in they could fix it under a NON-warranty claim for $449. What a scam. So then I then sent in my sales receipt to prove it was still under warranty and what do you know...they never got it, and had no record of me ever calling in!

One delay after another until I really was out of warranty and "So sorry but there is nothing we can do" "but we can fix it for $449" was the reply I heard over and over from numerous customer service reps. Don't buy an Acer Computer! there are so many other brands to choose from. A repair shop that I ended up taking it to for a new hard drive said "Yep, I've heard of Acer doing that" after telling him about my ordeal.

Consider yourself warned!!

Mike
Evanston, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2008 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/acer-computers/san-jose-california-95110/acer-computers-dont-buy-an-acer-computer-san-jose-california-359024. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content