Complaint Review: Acer Incorporated

• Acer Incorporated
    1394 Eberhardt Road
    Temple, Texas
    United States of America

The product I received from Acer stopped working properly after 10 months of lite use. It was an eMachines laptop. One key on the keyboard stopped working and I sent the laptop off for repair. Despite a warranty, Acer does not want to fix my product. It seems they are finding an excuse to not honor the warranty.

In addition, the customer service is horrible. I called the Acer Customer Care Excalations Department, the representatives were very rude. I am not a disrepectful persaon at all. This customer care representative refused to tell me their real name. They also hung up the phone on me. I asked to speak to a supervisor and I was told it was impossible. This means the agents can treat the customers anyway without any repercussions.

I will advise consumers to think twice before buying any of the Acer America, Gateway, eMachines, or any other affiliated products from this business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2011 01:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/acer-incorporated/temple-texas-76504/acer-incorporated-acer-america-corporation-this-company-sells-defective-products-the-warr-787539. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

2Author
5Consumer
0Employee/Owner

i hear this a lot

AUTHOR: Daleh1985 - (U.S.A.)

I sale many different brands of computers at work. I hear "this brand is junk" or "that brand breaks easy" all the time. In fact, I have serviced just as many HP, Sony, Lenovo, etc computers as Acer branded ones, and probably more dells than any of them. I personally own an Acer desktop and a netbook. Both are over 3 years old and both have had no major issues. I think what it all boils down to is that all brands are susceptible to problems, not just Acer.

You still havent answered the questions

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

They asked you how long your warranty was? You still have not declared if this laptop was under warranty. If it was, they shoudl have fixed it, if it wasn't you should have bought a warranty.

Keyboards break, it may not be a defect it could have just worn out. When you buy cheap electronics, expect them to break easily and quickly.

Answers

AUTHOR: ehew123 - (United States of America)

No I did not spill any liquids on the laptop. They offered to fix it for $200. For that price, I may as well get a new laptop. For a key to stop working on the laptop in less than a year is telling me the computer should have never been sold. Yes, it's a cheap laptop. However, the laptop should have lasted longer. If a company sells a product, it should work and do the basic functions no matter how much it cost.

Answer the questions

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

Please answer the questions posted in the first two replies.

ACER Rip Off

AUTHOR: ehew123 - (United States of America)

The Acer Laptop key had stopped working. I slightly lifted the key to look under it and I saw that it wasn't anything related to something being stuck under the key on the keyboard. They offered to fix the computer for almost the same price that I paid for it. I understand an emachine's laptop is cheap but I thought I would at least get longer than 10 months out of the laptop. I now see that I am better off paying a few hundred dollars more for a better quality laptop.

An ACER computer is like a BIC lighter

AUTHOR: Southern Chemical and Equipment LLC - (USA)

You are supposed to use it for only a short time and then throw it away.

You got what you paid for.

A cheap, junk computer.

10 months???

As far as I know, the factory warranty on ACER / Emachines is only 90 days.

That could be part of your problem.

Are you sure the unit was under warranty?

Anyway, sounds like something got lodged under that key that stopped working.

Do you eat while at your computer?

What reason did Acer give you for not wanting to fix

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

your laptop keyboard under warranty?

"One key on the keyboard stopped working and I sent the laptop off for repair. Despite a warranty, Acer does not want to fix my product"

Did it possibly involve a liquid spilled in the keyboard?

Did they offer to fix it for a reasonable amount out of warranty?

There needs to be more information before the rest of us boycott the company.

Don't know if this is a Ripoff or not.