Complaint Review:

• Reported By: cadebowling — Spring Texas
ACN
1000 Progress Pl St Houston, Texas USA

ACN tried to get $499 from me and want to confirm if its a scam Houston Texas

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Not a scheme, but requires investment.

*General Comment: ACN is a recruitment scheme.

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

Recently I met a guy at the bar that I work at in HOuston, Tx. We exchanged numbers and 2 weeks later he invited me to an apartment for a business meeting about a possible business opportunity. I went and a guy named "Tommy Lee" who looks like Richard Bong Cho after surfing the internet, took over the presentation on their flatscreen tv. He went on to discuss the company "ACN" and how it is a residual income job. WHich at first sounds appealing.

At the end of the presentation, there was a $499 fee to join and become an ACN IBO (Independent business owner) I told Marcus and Tommy that I had to speak to my wife about this before I made any decision on whether to join or not. I went home and began looking things up on the internet. That is how I fouind this website and want to confirm that this is a legit company or a pyramid scam?

Please help if you can. I have more details on where the apartment is located that they use as their "Hotel" room when thay are i town.

Cade Spring,Tx

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2013 11:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/acn/houston-texas-77053/acn-tried-to-get-499-from-me-and-want-to-confirm-if-its-a-scam-houston-texas-1047227. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ACN

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Not a scheme, but requires investment.

AUTHOR: AubyANGEL - (USA)

Even as an ex-business owner in ACN, I can easily say that the business is not a pyramid scam. Pyramid scams occur when you are paid to bring new members into the company, with or without the requirement of actually selling a product or service. In ACN you are not paid for recruiting. You receive money in ACN by subscribing customers to money saving options. You are ONLY paid when that customer then pays their bill. You can also receive bonuses, but not on recruiting. Bonuses are reached by selling the service and helping your recruits achieve success. The business owner or person that introduces you is NOT paid for signing you up. Is ACN a pyramid scheme? No. Is working ACN difficult and require a large investment of time? Yes. (Reason for me to consider myself an ex-business owner)

#2 General Comment

ACN is a recruitment scheme.

AUTHOR: Briandre J - ()

ACN is a well known MLM recruitment scam that is unsustainable. ACN's own income disclosure show the majority lose money. Some reps say the high failure rate is due to lazy salespeople, however, hard work becomes irreleveant when working a flawed business model that's unsustainable and basically a quasi-legal pyramid scheme.

Don't waste your time and money with ACN.