Complaint Review: ACS Incorporation

United States of America

ACS Incorporation ACS Threat of jail for bogus loan Internet, Internet

*Consumer Comment: same email

*Consumer Comment: Scam?

Tons of calls at work and personal phone from very heavily accented East Indian man and woman; the woman claimed to be "Office" someone. I have never been able to understand the name pronunciations from either of these callers, and phone connections are bad.

Today I received an email threatening arrest and a $5000 bill unless I pay $968 within 48 hours. No web address. No name on the letter except for ACS Legal Department.

I think these guys got my email, cell number and work number after I applied for and received a small online loan recently. That whole loan thing is bad enough, and I believe they all sell lists with client data to whoever wants it.

Any idea how to get these people to stop calling and emailing, beyond changing my work and home numbers?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2011 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/acs-incorporation/internet/acs-incorporation-acs-threat-of-jail-for-bogus-loan-internet-internet-797084. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

same email

AUTHOR: pintobeans - ()

I also received the same email...dollar amounts that I owed them were a little different.  The phone number was also different.  I had received a couple calls also from a foreign speaking person that i could not understand.  Any suggestions on what to tell these people so they will stop calling.

Scam?

AUTHOR: Joseph Brown - (USA)

Holy cow, I've never heard of this scam. Well, not more than a few hundred times, anyway. Look, you can't be arrested for a civil suit. This is NOT a criminal suit and besides you don't owe these people a dime. Relax, take a deep breath and don't worry. If and when they call again call them slumdog rat eaters. Be prepared for a whole lot of cussing. Hopefully you'll come back and read this.