Complaint Review: ADT Security Services

Dallas, Texas
    United States of America

ADT Security Services Theft by ADT Representative and ADT Company Dallas, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: ADT

When moving to the city of Montgomery from Tuskegee, Al, the ADT representative transferrred my services to my new home. I was given a quote for the installation of new censors, detectors, etc. for setup in the new home. The ADT representative stated that this would be an easy transition and to make the check payable to him since he was the local ADT operator for this area.

I made the check out to him, but noticed on the first bill that it included charges for the payment I had just made to the representative. I contacted him to inquire what happened to the monies that were paid to him and I was told that it would come off on the next bill. Needless to say, it did not. Again the ADT representative was contacted and I demanded a return of these funds. The representative asked if he could pay my monthly bill until the amount had been returned. He was told certainly not and I contacted ADT.

ADT would not intervene and stated that I owed them the money regardless. I canceled my ADT account and refused to pay them anything. ADT recently merged with or acquired Brinks Security Services which I've had an account with for some time. ADT recently came after me threatening to report the debt to the credit union via a collection agency unless I paid them. I value my credit rating tremendously and am aware that even if you dispute the claim and provide proof, YOU LOSE!!!! Result negative credit rating! Given how consumers have been treated of late (credit cards canceled for no reason, credit applications being denied even when your credit rating is above average); you're left to pay or else.

I chose to pay. However, I make this complaint hoping to alert all consumers who come in contact with ADT to stay as far away from these thieves as you possibly can. I write to discourage consumers from contacting what they think may be a reputable company doing business with honesty and integrity. ADT WILL STEAL from you! The company and their employees/representatives! BEWARE of ADT Security Services.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2012 04:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/adt-security-services/dallas-texas-75267-2279/adt-security-services-theft-by-adt-representative-and-adt-company-dallas-texas-921683. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

ADT

AUTHOR: Mike - (United States of America)

Hi Walter, my name is Dan and I work out of ADT's Corporate Customer Relations Office. I apologize to hear that you have encountered this experience with our company and would like to assist you further. Please send me your contact information to CustomerConcerns@adt.com and I will reach out to you. Thank you. -Dan