Complaint Review: ADT

• ADT
    14200 E Exposition Ave
    Aurora, Colorado
    USA

I had a security system installed at an address in Conroe TX on the proviso that the contract would not be greater than one year, I tried to cancel the service when I moved from the home, my request was ignored and more money was taken from me, yesterday I was told the contract was for 2 years?, today I called back and now it is a 3 year contract?, I am afraid to call again!, it seems the larger the company the more they can abuse you, I would never have their services again and would encourage others against it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2014 12:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/adt/aurora-colorado-80012/adt-failure-to-cancel-service-aurora-colorado-1126403. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

ADT Corporate Customer Relations

AUTHOR: ADT Corporate Customer Relations - ()

Good Afternoon, my name is Andrew and I work out of ADT's Corporate Customer Relations office. I am sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your contract and we would like to assist you further. Please email us your contact information to CustomerConcerns@adt.com and we will reach out to help. Thank you. -Andrew

ADT

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

The responder is 100% correct, regardless of what the sales people say the contract is more important, I guess the sales people are commissioned based so it doesnt matter what is said, it is a shame however that the responder did not read my complaint, ADT did say they would send a copy of the contract to the adress that I moved from, not really helpful as I moved from there a year ago, perhaps ADT should respond, or is this ADT pretending to be a concerned teacher?

It doesn't matter what you were told, the contracts are for two years..

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

Then you have a thirty day window to cancel before that contract is up.  If you don't cancel in a timely manner, it automatically renews for one year intervals. OBVIOUSLY you STILL haven't read your contract.  If you haven't already tossed it in the trash, it's time to read it.

Most alarm companies, including VIVINT have similar contracts with auto renewal.  NEVER sign anything without first having read it. It makes NO difference what you were told or assumed, the WRITTEN contract ALWAYS governs.  Don't forget to cancel according to their terms before your latest renewal is up or you'll be back here again.  Sorry you missed the cancellation window.

It's NOT a Ripoff, you DID agree to it.  I had ADT in the past, but went with Vivint because I like their equipment a lot better.