Complaint Review:

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

Two years ago my husband of ten years killed him self leaving me a single mom of 7. I was devastated, scared, and alone. Not to long after his death a salesperson knocked on my door and I fell for her pitch. I had ADT installed to help with a sense of security which she of course encouraged in light of the recent tragic event. The salesperson was nice and talkative and I asked all of the pertinent questions, including contact time. She told me it was yearly so I signed. I thought that I read it as well but was distraught so I don't know. Either way, it's been almost 2 yrs so I called and canceled last month. I was treated like a thief and threatened. They told me that it was a THREE YEAR contact and that I would owe over $700 dollars. I disputed that and asked to have a copy of the contact emailed to me to no avail. I called back and spoke to someone different and she told me that my contact was up in September of 2017, a few months away! I said ok, well I still would like to see the contact that I signed. The phone magically got disconnected. I have been called and harassed for this $700 plus dollars every since it's stressing me out. I'm waiting for them to take me court because I'm going to fight against this evil! Please beware and go with any other company but this den of wolves preying on scared widows!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2017 05:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/adt/nationwide/adt-nationwide-1378002. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ADT