Complaint Review: AdultFriendfinder, The Friendfinder Network And Various, Inc

• Reported By: Riverdale Maryland
  • AdultFriendfinder, The Friendfinder Network And Various, Inc
    AdultFriendfinder; FriendFinder; Passion.com, alt.com, and others
    Palo Alto, California

AdultFriendfinder, The Friendfinder Network And Various, Inc IDENTITY THEFT CONDONED and FACILITATED by FriendFinder Network -- Dialers, Hijackers, Keyloaders Palo Alto California

First, this company loads hijackers, dialers, keyloggers, adware, spamware and even trojans when one visits their site. Any good program like bitdefeder will put up a warning as soon as one access their pages. From this dialers have been loaded which did not cost me, but did a friend of mine who has dialup [I use broadband]. He received a huge phone bill for 900-calls he never made -- because a dialer was installed and his machine used remotely.

These one may be able to protect against with various progrrams to deflect and/or clean thei machine after every access to this site.

BUT the company is so callous to theft of an individual's private and financial data that they will do nothing when someone hacks your system through that site, as was done with me.

Someone from one of their chat rooms hacked my main online email account, changed password, stole my eBay account and transferred it to another name, in another city -- and locked me out of my account by changing the password. Fortunately, I was able to convince eBay that I am who I am after three hours with them on the phone. But everyone in my address book is now subject to being hacked and their confidential information, eBay and bank accounts stolen.

This person has a bank of computers going 24/7 and their purpose can only be to target people on the site to do what he did to me.

When reported to this company, that their site was being used for identity theft and wholesale, the response I got was the equivalent of "who cares?

For a company that exploits visitors to the site itself, no wonder it condones this criminal conduct.

So beware. Is it worth it?

Chanticleer
Riverdale, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2007 11:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/adultfriendfinder-the-friendfinder-network-and-various-inc/palo-alto-california/adultfriendfinder-the-friendfinder-network-and-various-inc-identity-theft-condoned-and-262609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content