Complaint Review: Advanage 20X

• Advanage 20X

Nationwide
    USA

Advanage 20X Advanage 20X South Holland, Il 60473 Nationwide

I was watching TV at home this evening and suddenly heard a knock on the door. Although startled, I walked to the cracked front door where the glass door separated myself and a young lady who politely said, "Hi, sir." I could tell she was no threat to my well-being so I stepped to the unlit front porch to ask what I could help her with. She began with, "I'm part of a youth program-- You have a light or something you can turn on?" I could tell she was nervous and inexperienced in door-to-door sales, much less at night (which was a little unsettling). She began asking if I had heard of Advanage 20X, to which I replied truthfully, "Never have before." At this point I knew it was just a matter of minutes before I could turn away politely having listened and watched her struggle of a presentation.

She went on and said humorously, "You see all those stains darker there than me? Takes them right off. [continued below]....

....." After fumbling through her backpack for her brush she began to run the solution with the sole of her shoe. She reached for a towel from her bag and sure enough, there her brush was. That's when I was actually impressed. I asked her a few questions as a mere formality and, if nothing else, felt sorry for the girl and her story about not going wanting to go back to the rough life she knew. I decided I'd buy one out of pity even though every sign pointed to a rip-off. I claimed I didn't have checks or cash and was going to ask for them to come back another time when her "manager" drove up in a white van with 3 other young ladies with him. We haggled back and forth with price and settled on a "deal" before he followed me to the gas station so I could withdraw money.

They pulled in and got gas while I withdrew cash inside and then we completed the transaction. I also filled out a form with my address and a very sloppy version of my signature that'd be easily distinguishable from my normal signings. I wished him luck and returned home. I then searched the brand Advanage 20X on Google and saw a reported scam in Texas from 2013. In reading it I quickly realized this was the same exact person, product/sales pitch, and vehicle I had just encountered. Although I am uneasy about the potential outcomes resulting from this entire situation, I know the owners and staff of the gas station and will be asking them to review their surveillance cameras to identify a license plate in the event that anything additional results from this encounter. My advice, stick to your gut and don't let door-to-door salesperson' sad stories convince you to not do what you always do, shoo them away.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2015 06:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/advanage-20x/nationwide/advanage-20x-advanage-20x-south-holland-il-60473-nationwide-1267860. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content