Complaint Review: Advanced Media Publications, LLC

• Submitted: Mon, January 14, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, January 14, 2013
  • Reported By: Heidi's Weddings — Tariffville Connecticut United States of America
  • Advanced Media Publications, LLC
    440-2 SE 5th Ave.
    Delray Beach, Florida
    United States of America

Advanced Media Publications, LLC False promises of advertisement in a Golf and Leisure Magazine, distributed to local golf courses Delray Beach, Florida

I was contacted by the company's marketing firm last spring with such excitement to get my business into their magazine (Wedding Planning & Coordinating with Limousine Services).  They made it seem so real as I had a new website and supposedly I was referred to them by a member of one of their golf courses that advertises with them - seem legit because we had JUST done Limo Services for a wedding for a family in Avon!

Because I was referred by a member I would automatically receive a discount, went through the entire order with one sales rep then was transferred to account management (a supervisor); had to go through the entire order again and IF "I acted today could" get a larger ad for 50% off - of course I did it.

$600 dollars later for a 1/2 page ad in the Golf & Leisure Magazine that would go to over 11,000 members 4 to 5 times a year; as a new business I was so excited.

Went thru the Design Department and approved my ad.

Took Several emails with Janice to get a copy of the Magazine - they printed it and sent me a copy, again ... seemed legit.

Well when I went to follow-up with the 5 golf courses they had no idea what I was talking about, something was off.  Started contacting the other business in the magazine, they too had realized they had been taken.

As a new small business owner I would love to be able to make a small claim against this company and get my $600 back!

Thank you!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2013 03:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/advanced-media-publications-llc/delray-beach-florida-33483/advanced-media-publications-llc-false-promises-of-advertisement-in-a-golf-and-leisure-ma-996794. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content