Complaint Review: Advanced Moving Systems

• Advanced Moving Systems
    3712 N.W 122 Ter
    Sunrise, Florida
    United States of America

Advanced Moving Systems con artists, robbers, extortionist and all around f' ers!

In March of 2001, I moved from Milwaukee, WI to Seattle, WA to join my boyfriend. To make the move, we loaded up my car with all it could hold and put the rest in a 10x10 storage unit.

Then in May, I decided that I was settled and wanted to move the rest of my things out, but didn't want to do it myself as that is a really long drive. I found Advanced Moving Systems (http://www.advancedmove.com) through a search engine -- unlucky me. ...I was sent an email estimate of $1,125 which seemed very reasonable. They were insured and didn't even need me to fly back to Milwaukee for the loading of the truck. Wonderful, couldn't be easier. Wrong!

I called on the day that the movers were supposed to arrive only to find out that they had not even loaded the truck in Milwaukee as they had underestimated the size. You'd think it would've been easy with the exact upper limit measurements. The woman, Suzanne Schwedhelm, apologized for her mistake, and also for miscalculating the freight charges. The new estimate was $1800, although it was never confirmed with even an e-mail.

Thinking that things were back on track, I settled in, prepared to wait the four days for my storage items to arrive. The night before the movers were to arrive, I received a phone call (after all the banks had closed...that'll be important in a moment) telling me that the movers would arrive the next morning between 8 and 9...and they wanted $2500 in cash. $2500!! And they'd called around the times when banks were open.

They drastically altered their written estimate, and I've never felt more helpless. The police were very friendly, but could only suggest retaining legal assistance.

Beware of Advanced Moving Systems, they are con artists, robbers, extortionist and all around f***ers.

They will not enjoy my lawyers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/advanced-moving-systems/sunrise-florida-33323/advanced-moving-systems-con-artists-robbers-extortionist-and-all-around-f-ers-5529. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content