Complaint Review: AdvanDate

• Reported By: Jeoffrey Small — New Hampshire USA
  • AdvanDate

Internet
    USA

Advandate has a very buggy script, and they are dishonest. I say this having fallen to them as a customer. I purchased the script to have on my own hosting and had Advandate install it. They stated they needed to have Shell Access for the install.

What they needed shell access for was to sabatoge the normal settings of the independent hosting company I was using over theirs, so it would appear that their script did not work on that host, and I would be forced to enter a monthly contract for hosting with them.

I say this with knowledge as I later moved to another host on my own, and simply uploaded the zip myself, without any shell access, and guess what? It worked!

Fortunately, I had a very good hosting company that alerted me to the sabatoge right after the install, as all of my sites went whacky--I hosted several sites on one account, and when Advandate screwed with the Shell settings, they through off ALL of my sites.

Maybe if I had one site I would not have been tripped to this dirty trick of theirs, but it backfired on them. My USA host fixed the sabatoge, and guess what? The Advandate script worked fine. If that wasn't enough, the handful of support items I submitted to Advandate on my paid support tickets, were incompetently handled.

They always seemed not to know how to figure it out, it must have had something to do with egads, my independent hosting company, but of course it would all be fixed if I paid Advandate to host me! Fortunately I was able to search online on my own, and figure out and solve the mysterious problems they said they couldn't figure out, and I am no techie! They did solve a couple of little things, but the major support item I needed and wanted---guess what? They tried to find a way to make me pay more money for this item to be fixed. And that has been their tactic---try to milk you for all kinds of money once they have you as a customer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2016 07:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/advandate/internet/advandate-advandate-is-a-scam-rick-jacobson-is-a-scammer-wyoming-internet-1323179. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Fake 20000 "clients" websites

AUTHOR: BillyJohnson - (USA)

Sadly, Advandate is fooling customers and lists "Real customer sites" but those are owned by them. The whois records show Advandate and "Rick Jacobson" as the owner. When pressed, they can't provide any domains for some of their "20,000+" customer sites. I don't understand why it is so hard to find a honest dating script provider.

AdvanDate fake positive reviews practices

AUTHOR: BillyJohnson - (USA)

As soon as this crook (Rick Jacobson from "AdvanDate") gets a negative comment he writes 3 (!) positive reviews about himself to bury the negative comment. Proof: https://www.dropbox.com/s/63c1teso6wqiqk5/haa.png?dl=0

He wrote all these comments on the same day.

AdvanDate is a scam that should be avoided at all costs. He speaks with his clients rudely and hates all of them. He states that all negative comments come from competition while ALL of the negative comments found on TrustPilot either have the "Verified order" badge (proof: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7i9opmg2jp7r6a/haaa.png?dl=0) or have been reported by Rick Jacobson as "this is not a client" and then republished by TrustPilot after checking the review and contacting the customer and finding out he REALLY spoke with Rick Jacobson as in the case of this review https://www.trustpilot.com/reviews/598d281b4c250f07a07a0842

AdvanDate should be avoided at all costs. And I am not talking about the quality of the software now which is low, but about the personality of this person and his hatred towards everyone.

#3 General Comment

AdvanDate is a scam, I agree

AUTHOR: Jason Barker - (USA)

It is very easy to check if a company is one man show. Just see the number of installs of the app:

50 installs! FIFTY :-) Cool, isn't it?

Rick Jacobson is a famous scammer from Wyoming. He will take your hard earned money and run away with it and hide in the snow in Wyoming. This is his usual tactics. AdvanDate does not exist, it is a one man show. Want to be scammed? Use AdvanDate.