Complaint Review: Aerostar Training Services LLC

• Aerostar Training Services LLC

, FL
    USA

Aerostar Training Services LLC Wishing I Hadn't Used Aerostar Kissimmee Florida

If I had it to do over again, I would never have chosen Aerostar.  I paid them $10,000 for an Airbus A-320 type-rating.  They assigned me an instructor who was actually a CRJ regional pilot who had an A-320 type, and assigned me a sim partner who had never flown anything bigger than a Piper.

The fine print in the contract states they have complete control over the scheduling of training events and check rides.  They scheduled nearly two months between sim sessions, and after my emails to them were either ignored or responded to with false promises, I finally contacted the FAA.  Immediately after this, they responded by telling me that in order to continue with my training I would be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement.  I asked why, and they ignored the question.

If a student requests (or needs) any additional sessions above the six that are already paid for with the initial ten thousand dollars, the student has to pay for them prior to the remdial session(s).  However, when the company schedules extremely large gaps between sessions - they CREATE the need for more sim sessions . . . and thus more revenue for them.  While I don't know for sure what their intentions are, I know that it's an area that can easily be manipulated by the company - and one that they would profit from.  As I've stated - I had nearly two months between sessions.  You can draw your own conclusion.

The CEO just sent me a letter stating - among other things - that Aerostar has tried unsuccessfully to 'rectify the problem.'  This is simply not true - and I have all the emails to prove it.

I'm an ATP-rated pilot, and I have three type-ratings.  I'm familiar with the typical process in obtaining a type-rating.  At no time in my career have I ever had more than one or two days off between sim sessions.  As any training department can tell you, it does a student a HUGE disservice to allow large gaps between sessions - especially when a pilot has never flown the plane that they're being typed on.

Needless to say, I would never use this company again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2017 10:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aerostar-training-services-llc/fl/aerostar-training-services-llc-wishing-i-hadnt-used-aerostar-kissimmee-florida-1373201. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content