Complaint Review:

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

AES is horrible. I borrowed money from AES to finish my college education and supplement while I was student teaching. It seemed like a good option at the time. I began paying on them, a bit at a time, when I could while I was in school...Then I finshed school and unfortunately had to take a job i(at an alternative school) well under the payscale of a traditional public school teacher.

Regardless of my financial situation, I scrape together what I can and my two AES loans are paid each month...however I still get harrassing calls and late fees. This happens every month, no matter what I do. They keep "mis-applying" payments and dispite the fact that I have proof that the checks were received and cashed in time...I have aquired late fees.

Earlier today, after receiving about 6 calls (I was at work and could not answer at work), I was able to answer the phone at about 7 O'clock... The representative was extremely rude and abusive... I explained that this happens each month and I am frustrated, etc... she insisted that I was lying and stated that I owed them for a late payment... I asked to speak with a supervisor...that wasn't going to happen.

I went round and round and despite the fact that I quoted the informatioin from my bank statement (proving I paid) the woman became more abusive. It is not a good practice to harrass customers even if they are late, since my payments have not been, I am even more disgusted. I wish they would pass a law that would allow people to completely dismiss private loans just so these people could go out of business...for lack of a better term... They stink!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2012 06:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aes/harrisburg-pennsylvania-/aes-private-student-loan-lender-harrisburg-pennsylvania-878595. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AES

Issue Taken to Court - Resolved

AUTHOR: - ()

This matter has been taken to court. The agreement of terms is that the report comes down or I go to court for "slander". The information I provided was 100% true but the report must be removed per the terms of the small courts claims agreement.