Complaint Review: AIG Insurance

• AIG Insurance
    aigdirect.com
    Wilmington, Delaware

AIG Insurance Insured claimant treated as criminal Wilmington Delaware

My vehicle was stolen on June 3, 2008 in a West-side suburb of Cleveland, Ohio. I am a relatively new policy holder of AIG; I was previously with GEICO for about a decade.

After getting over the intial shock of loosing my car, I filed a report with the Police and called AIG. After being bounced around I was unable to reach anyone in the claims department for 2 days, however, if I wanted to buy a policy...there were several hundred people to speak with.

Finally, a woman in Indianapolis (500 miles away) calls me in reference to my claim. Although my policy covers rental car for $50 per day for 30 days, but I had to absorb the expense myself and I would be re-imbursed for the rental expense, presumably at the end of the claim process.

Three days later I was contact by the police in a neighboring community and informed that my vehicle was recovered--and burnt to a crisp. "Barely identifiable" were the officers exact words.

I contacted AIG with the information the officer provided and they stated they needed to do a "Forensic Invsetigation" on the remains of the car.
I am no genius, but isn't this what the Police do?

I get the feeling that my insurance company is going out of there way to make this look like I stole my own car.

As of the time of this posting the vehicle is "still being processed". Having never had a vehicle stolen before, I am just waiting patiently for the wheels to turn and some resolution to come of it all.

I will update as to whether or not AIG makes good on all of there commercials.

Dwayne
Cleveland, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2008 04:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aig-insurance/wilmington-delaware/aig-insurance-insured-claimant-treated-as-criminal-wilmington-delaware-338276. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content