Complaint Review: Alamo Rent a Car

• Alamo Rent a Car
    Paseo Col
    Costa Rica, Select State/Province
    United States of America

Alamo Rent a Car ANC Car, S.A. Theft and Fraud by a rentcar company to two turists Costa Rica, Other

*Consumer Suggestion: No, that wasn't in america

*UPDATE Employee: Please email us...

I was stolen by Alamo Rent Car in Costa Rica. I made a reservation by Internet for 95.00 USD to pick up a car on July 3, 2010 and to dropof at the Airport on july 8, 2010. When I get there they told me I had to pay 155 USD instead of 95. Then when I get to the Airport to dropof the car, there was nobody at the office, so I phoned and they told me I had to go to another place, I had no time because my plane was just taken off. I get the keys and the parking tiket at Alamo's office with a note. When I came back I notice that tehey have charged 550 USD to my credit card. They said the car was dirthy and the circulation card lost. This is not true, they have'nt prove it. They offer by Internet one price and they change the price when you are there and the offer to drop of the car at the airport and they say another thing when you are there. I Thing this is a Fraud.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2010 11:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/alamo-rent-a-car/costa-rica-select-stateprovince-/alamo-rent-a-car-anc-car-sa-theft-and-fraud-by-a-rentcar-company-to-two-turists-costa-r-654897. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

No, that wasn't in america

AUTHOR: Thesadreality - (U.S.A.)

I don't Thing this is fraud. I Thing you were messing with Costaricans. In America you wouldn't have this problem. The american Alamo doesn't cheat. well. You were in Costa Rica. They don't speak english

Please email us...

AUTHOR: Alamo Rent A Car - (USA)

I'm sorry for any frustration over your rental and the charges, Silvia. We'd be happy to look into the charges and see what we can do for you, but we need more information to do so.

Please email International@goalamo.com with your contact information and the rental agreement number. When doing so, please reference case number 101026-001745.

- Elizabeth with Alamo Rent A Car