Complaint Review:

• Updated: Fri, June 04, 2010

• Reported By: Christopher — Missouri United States of America
Alienware Corp.
14591 SW 120th Street Miami, Florida United States of America

Alienware Corp. Dell has failed to repair my computer for over one hundred and fourteen days. Miami, Florida

On the 10th of February, 2010, my computer arrived for repair at Alienware's Miami address.  I left them to their own devices for about two months, calling periodically and getting the same response that it was awaiting a replacement motherboard.

On the 13th of April, 2010 I called Alienware support again, and Norman Sutherland advised that they could not replace the original motherboard, and were trying to find a suitable replacement.  This was the last new update I received for my computer.

On the 21st of April, 2010 I called once again to Alienware support and was advised that there was no update on the status, but Mr. Miguel Ortiz of the Critical Issues Team would be handling my case from here on out.  Received a cover letter from him via email.  This would be the first and only time I had contact from him.

After three weeks of calling Alienware support every other day spanning a range of the 17th of May, 2010 until the 2nd of June, I recieved no further update save that Mr. [continued below]....
..... Ortiz was supposedly working on it.  When I asked to be transfered to him, I would be told that he was either on vacation without transfering my account to another worker, or that he was in a meeting.  On the 2nd of June, 2010, I was advised that tech support would no longer be able to answer any of my questions, and that all they were allowed to do was to transfer me to Mr. Ortiz's number.  Which goes straight to voice mail.  He has failed to contact me back since the cover letter he gave me on the 13th of April, even though my phone number is in the report and my profile, and that he successfully emailed me the first time with the cover letter.  I have also been told that I am unable to contact anyone at the Florida site to ask about my computer's status because, 'it is not customer facing.'

At this point I don't care if I get a broken computer back.  I just want it back so that I can manage to never deal with this company again.  If I knew they would be keeping it at their Florida site for close to a fourth of a year without managing to repair it I would have just done the work myself and saved an acre of hassle.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2010 04:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/alienware-corp/miami-florida-33186/alienware-corp-dell-has-failed-to-repair-my-computer-for-over-one-hundred-and-fourteen-da-610196. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alienware Corp.