Complaint Review:

• Submitted: Mon, January 11, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, January 11, 2010

• Reported By: Dilbert — Massachusetts United States of America
Alienware

Alienware Can not extend warranty as was described when product was purchased. Internet

When I purchased this PC, I was told I could extend the warranty as long as the warranty was current. I spoke with Alienware Technical Support who told me when Alienware and Dell merged they decided to no longer honor the warranty extension.  They said that it is their policy to honor warranty extensions, but not for customers who were Alienware customers prior to Dell acquiring Alienware.  I asked them to confirm this after I reiterated that I was told by the sales rep at the time of purchase that I would be able to extend the warranty, and they confirmed that Dell changed their policy and would no longer honor their warranty extension policy for Alienware customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2010 06:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/alienware/internet/alienware-can-not-extend-warranty-as-was-described-when-product-was-purchased-internet-552754. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alienware