Complaint Review:

• Submitted: Mon, March 17, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, March 17, 2008

• Reported By:irving Texas
Allen And Associates
4100 McEwen, Ste 200 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Allen And Associates OverPromised Underdelivered Arranged UpFront Payment through Credit Dallas Texas

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

Advertise themselves as Full Service Career Management Company. First meeting, Rep showed elaborate examples of resumes. Looked at my resume, which he marked up, explaining to me we need fully revise this.

The Rep began promising all sorts of market demand for my skills and telliing me that my salary expectations were way too low and that Allen and Associates would be able to network on my behalf. He said they had all these local connections and an advocate program. Come to find out later, they were going to blanket email and snail mail my resume and short cover letter to ALL potential employers.

They did not tailor my employment search by any followup interviews. I had to select from an online category listing where I thought I would like to work.

Over the course of three weeks - I had to go Online and complete essentially the same profile as available on Monster or Career Builder - FOR FREE.

I was then emailed a finished resume that essentially cut & pasted all the data I had typed in on the web verbatum. No work on their part.

I was also asked to sign up for credit to pay for the fees UP FRONT - which totalled almost $4000 - the Rep said it was a 6 month deferred interest.

I never worked with the Sales Rep, who promised all this success and promotion, but a phone rep from who knows where. After paying for the services (or lack thereof), they explained to me that all I would get would be a blanket mail & email circulation.

I could have done all this myself through the Free OnLine Services and saved myself almost $4000.

Scot
irving, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2008 12:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/allen-and-associates/dallas-texas-75244/allen-and-associates-overpromised-underdelivered-arranged-upfront-payment-through-credit-d-318643. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allen And Associates