Complaint Review: Alliance One

• Updated: Fri, August 07, 2009
  • Reported By: Green Cove Springs Florida
  • Alliance One

Mendota Heights, Minnesota

Alliance One Refuses to Stop Calling when told the person thay are looking for doesn't live here Mendota Heights Minnesota

I received a phone call this afternoon form someone with a heavy Urdu accent asking for my uncle who has not lived at my mother's address for over a year. He apparently is alleged to owe a debt. Previously I had the collectors stop calling my 84 year old disabled mother's home when I informed them he does not live in the US. Now it is starting again. The individual continued questioning me after I had informed him my uncle did not live here but in fact now resides in Central America. When he continued I asked him for the name of the company he represents. He refused to provide it and continued. I asked about three times and he continued to refuse to provide the name of the company. When I asked to speak to his supervisor he hung up. I checked the number he had allegedly called from using *69. The number returned was 877-480-5110. I attempted to call the number. A fax machine answered. I finally determined it was Alliance One by doing a lookup of the number on Google.

I was completely unable to speak to a human being by using the call back numbers on Alliance One's website. I did leave a message. I have since contacted the state regulators in Florida. They are sending a form for me to file a formal complaint about the collector's behavior and Alliance One attempting to conceal their company when making collection calls. I doubt the complaint will have any effect since this company's employee willfully violates collection laws.

Neal
Green Cove Springs, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2009 02:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/alliance-one/mendota-heights-minnesota-55120/alliance-one-refuses-to-stop-calling-when-told-the-person-thay-are-looking-for-doesnt-liv-477480. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content