Complaint Review: Allianz Global Assistance

Internet
    United States of America

Allianz Global Assistance Travel Assistance; Travel Insurance, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: HelpTeam

Never buy trip insurance with Allianz. They are a scam/rip off.   They contract with many airlines.  I recently booked a flight on United Airlines out of the country.   I paid $300 additional for insurance for my wife and I upon completing our flight purchase with United Airlines.

There was a snowstorm in NY and the airports closed down for 12 hours.  My wife and I had to stay in NY for the night.  Allianz reimbursed us $300 ($150 each).  Our hotel and dinner and transportation cost alot more than $300.  We got our money back for the insurance we paid, but are still out the money we had to shell out in NY, all due to a snowstorm, which was out of our control.

Allianz Global Assistance is a big rip off!!!! Do not waste your money!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2013 02:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/allianz-global-assistance/internet/allianz-global-assistance-travel-assistance-travel-insurance-internet-1043745. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

HelpTeam

AUTHOR: Access America Help Team - ()

Dear George,

Thank you for taking the time to post, as this provides us with valuable feedback in order to improve our products and services.  I am sorry if the $150 per person per day travel delay benefit fell short of your expectations, but we do provide you with a copy of your policy at the time of your purchase and you have 10 days to review the policy and cancel it if it doesnt meet your needs.  Thanks for the opportunity to serve you and were glad we could help offset your travel delay expenses.

Regards,