Complaint Review: Allied Financial Inc., Allied Universal Rewards

• Allied Financial Inc., Allied Universal Rewards
    Alberta, Canada
    Unknown, Alberta
    Canada

Allied Financial, Allied Universal Rewards Lottery Prize Fraud possibly affiliated with Allied Financial Future sent me a cashier's check for 4,625 that was a fraud Alberta Canada

*Consumer Comment: I ALSO RECEIVED A LETTER...HAVE YOU HEARD ANYTHING ELSE???

I have not been a victim of this company. I received a letter in the mail stateing that I have won a sum of money in a sweepstakes. Things contained in the letter did not make sense and the letter was poorly written. I decided to do some searching on the internet to try and validate the information and found this site. I've read the other statements left by other people that have been scammed by these people and was hopeing I might possibly be able to help them catch the people responsible.

It looks like they have a new angle on ripping people off with this lottery scam. The letter stated that I had won a large sum of money but that the winnings needed to be insured before it could be sent. They also sent me a cashier's check for 4,625 to pay for the cost.

Only catch is that I have to contact them to make the check valid. The number listed is for Alberta Canada to contact a Mr. Ross Freeman. The bank that the cashiers check is supposedly issued from is a valid bank. If anyone has any advice on who I should report this to, please respond.

Ron
Addison, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2006 06:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/allied-financial-inc-allied-universal-rewards/unknown-alberta/allied-financial-allied-universal-rewards-lottery-prize-fraud-possibly-affiliated-with-a-212502. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

I ALSO RECEIVED A LETTER...HAVE YOU HEARD ANYTHING ELSE???

AUTHOR: Pamela - (U.S.A.)

Hello,

I also received a letter stating that I had won, so I called and was told to deposit the check and then after it had cleared to contact them again and that they would want me to wire them the money to "insure the amount". What have you done? Did you call? Have you deposited the check?

I really hope it isn't a scam.

I hope to hear back from you soon.