Complaint Review: Allstate Insurance, Renters Insurance

• Allstate Insurance, Renters Insurance
    P.O. Box 4310
    Carol Stream, Illinois
    USA

Don't waste your time & money with Allstate's renters insurance. If you have a claim,it will go nowhere, as the in "Good Hands" company is dysfunctional and will not help you when you need it. Back in February of 2013, I tripped & fell on a carpet that was not secured by the person I share the apartment with. I tore my rotator cuff & need surgery. My room mate admitted he caused the accident, and Allstate should pay my co-pays, that my health insurance does not cover. Surgery & therapy for 2 months after surgery.  All I want is the co-pays, which should be around 1,500.00. Apaltys sum for Allstate, a multi-billion dollar company. Allstate spends millions on advertizing, on TV, the Internet and print media, to lure new customers (victims) into their insurance programs. The Allstate policy in question is 13 years old, with thousands paid-out in premiums. So, all I can say is "Buyer Beware" go somewhere else for renters insurance, anywhere but Allstate. Also, on this site, there are complaints with regard to auto insurance by Allstate. Just another reason to look elsewhere.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2013 02:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/allstate-insurance-renters-insurance/carol-stream-illinois-60197-4310/allstate-insurance-renters-insurance-you-are-not-in-good-hands-with-allstate-carol-strea-1083722. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Yep, IF indeed they're liable for payments to you...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

follow the further advice I offered in my first rebuttal...simple, no?

Negligence

AUTHOR: Warren - ()

I did read the policy, and Under the negligence clause, I'M covered. Any more comments??

What does your WRITTEN policy say about this type of coverage?

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

"My room mate admitted he caused the accident, and Allstate should pay my co-pays, that my health insurance does not cover. Surgery & therapy for 2 months after surgery"

Apparently Allstate has failed to consider your roomies opinion on who should pay and how much.

You do KNOW that's not how it works....right?

IF Allstate is, indeed violating the written policy, file a complaint with your states insurance commission and contact the BBB.

You might want to actually read your policy before doing this instead of consulting your roomie.