Complaint Review: Allstate Motor Club

• Reported By: Clarcona Florida
  • Allstate Motor Club
    51 West Higgins Rd
    South Barrington, Illinois

Allstate Motor Club Allstate Roadsde Assistance Allstate Insurance ripoff, lie, cheat, deceptive,thieves South Barrington Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Me to

In March 2004 I received a telemarketing call from these people stating that I could receive a 30 day free trial of their roadside assistance service to which I agreed.

At the end of that 30 days,on April 7th, 2004, I agreed to enroll in the program for $26.99 quarterly, and was billed the first quarter (via bank debit card) that date. The next quarter billing should have occured on or about July 7th, 2004, which is three months (a quarter)later.

However, I woke up this morning, June 8th, 2004, to find that my I had been debited the $26.99 on June 7th, 2004 instaed of July 7th, 2004.

This caused a terrible chaoin reaction of bounced checks and NSF charges. These would not have occurred if the $26.99 would not have been taken from my account a month sooner than it was supposed to.

A call to Allstate Customer Service was met with denials, rude and /or stupid statements, etc. After finally speaking with a "supervisor", I was informed they would investigate and this could take weeks!!!

In the meantime I am left with NSF charges and bounced funds due to their mistakes.

Watch out if you are dealing with these people, your rear end is sure to get as sore as mine...

Charles
Clarcona, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2004 06:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/allstate-motor-club/south-barrington-illinois-60010/allstate-motor-club-allstate-roadsde-assistance-allstate-insurance-ripoff-lie-cheat-dec-94055. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Me to

AUTHOR: Kevin - (U.S.A.)

At least I know I'm not the only one that has had this happened to me.  Actually I do monthly payments and I started noticing that Allstate has changed the amount charged without notifiying me plus there are some months they won't take out the charge but instead will wait till the next month and withdraw it twice.  Not prepared for this I just recently bounced.  The rude represenitive proceeded to tell me because they were unable to withdraw it last month they took it twice this month.  They need to notify me of these things because I've been a member for 2 years and an allstate insurance member for much longer but I don't see that lasting if this is how they treat me