Complaint Review: alltel

• alltel
    alltel.com
    Internet
    United States of America

alltel We get no service in our area, but were told we would, they will not let us out of contract. Internet

We went to alltel in Feb 08, because they said they had the lowest rate of dropped calls, and they had a family plan where we could talk to our children in other states as though they were members of the same plan.

I went with a Razr bu Motorolla, but the phone had problems, so they sent me another (by mail) this phone also had problems, poor reception in my area. But i was told it was the phone not where I lived.

This phone was replace by a Samsung. when I got this phone, the 30 days I had to cancel the plan was up so I had to do the contract. I kept going nack with the same problem, no reception where I live. but was told I was listed in an area where there was service!

We have fought with alltel for a year and a half, finally they sent a teck out to check our are, but we were not privy to their findings. We told them we wanted to buy out of the plan, they said no!

We told them we would not pay our bill til this was straightened out, we have not, and have received no word from them on the problem!

As far as dropped calls, I have had so many I couldn't count them. Very few times have I made a call and had it go to compleation.

I am disabled and need a phone so that when I am out of the house mowing and something happenes, I can get help.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2009 06:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/alltel/internet/alltel-we-get-no-service-in-our-area-but-were-told-we-would-they-will-not-let-us-out-of-482200. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content