Complaint Review: Alltel

1 Allied Dr
    Little Rock, Arkansas

Alltel Ripped off for prepaid phones. Little Rock Arkansas

*Consumer Suggestion: A solution

In October I ordered 2 prepaid phones. I never recieved them so after a couple of weeks I called and they couldn't find my order. I asked them to cancell my order and refund my credit card. My order was cancelled but I haven't recieved my money back yet!

I have called numerous times and get transferred repeatedly until I get flat frustrated or have to attend to other business. I have gotten the "let me find out what is going on and I'll get back to you." more than a few times and of course no one calls back.

I have faxed copies of my payment to a couple of people who promise to take care of the problem. They don't.

Alltel has owed me $191.62 for 5 months now (since I cancelled order). Counting late charges of $5.OO (what alltel charges for late payments) per month for 5 months and 10.24% interest (what I'm charged on the credit card that I used to purchace phones) Alltel now owes me $206.79.

Sharon
Medicine Bow, Wyoming

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2008 09:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/alltel/little-rock-arkansas-72202/alltel-ripped-off-for-prepaid-phones-little-rock-arkansas-329840. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

A solution

AUTHOR: Kerry - (U.S.A.)

First let me say how sorry I am to hear you have gone through this. Hopefully I can offer some help to retrieve your money.

If you used a credit card and you did not receive the items you ordered, you have proof that you ordered and a statement from the company saying they have not received an order from you but you have proof you did, you can do a charge back on your credit card.

Call your credit card company, explain what has happened and request they do a charge back. You should get the full amount back that you paid. Since the company isn't being cooperative, it is fraud for them to keep your money and not send you your items.

But hurry because you are only allowed an allotted time to file a charge back.

Hope this helps and good luck to you.