Complaint Review: Alltel

• Alltel
    alltel.com
    , Texas

Alltel Ripoff Inaccessible and unresponsive Nationwide

Good luck finding someone from Alltel to hear your concerns. I called the number on the "welcome" letter after being involunarily switched to Alltel from AT&T/Cingular. It was a call center that could not help me at all and could/would not tell me any way to contact someone from Alltel. I never managed to talk to anyone who actually worked for Alltel or had any decision-making authority.

My concern was a high cancellation charge for switching (3 weeks before contract was up). I did not think I even had a contract - just going month to month. They say I agreed on the phone, but they couldn't produce the tape and had never sent any confirmation in writing.

I would avoid Alltel at all costs.

David
Sherman, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2005 02:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/alltel/texas/alltel-ripoff-inaccessible-and-unresponsive-nationwide-154865. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content