Complaint Review: Alnitak Begoodshopper

• Updated: Fri, October 06, 2017
  • Reported By: Dave — Roundup Montana USA
  • Alnitak Begoodshopper

USA

Alnitak Begoodshopper "glamour watch" for $6.99 shipping then charged 99.98 later and set it up as monthly subscription Florida

I ordered this "glamour watch" off a Facebook ad for $6.99 shipping and handling. When I got the watch it was nothing special, just like the cheapie watches in WalMart. my card bills out on autopay, so I didn't notice the charge tthe first month. When I did notice it on the next billing I called their number off the billing and they stated that this was a subscription service, with 14 day approval, and I had to return them within that time frame to not be charged.  I cancelled the service and got a confirmation number. (I was stuck with two watches and two subscription charges at that point.) This month's card bill arrived and there is another charge on it.  The day after i cancelled the "service" I received another package from them, which I took up to the post office and Refused, sending it back.  When I called about the charge, they stated that I had not cancelled the service before the charge was placed on my account.  I pointed out to them that I had returned their merchandise unopened immediately after receiving it, well within their 14 day requirement for return. They stated(conveniently) that they did not receive the package back at all.  So, at this point I am getting charged for a watch that I sent back!

It should be noted that I don't remember seeing any of this subscription services within the ad, or the 14 Day approval process. This ad no longer exists on Facebook(conveniently).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2017 08:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/alnitak-begoodshopper/-/alnitak-begoodshopper-glamour-watch-for-699-shipping-then-charged-9998-later-and-set-1404590. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content