Complaint Review: Alpha Financial Serives

201 Bold Ave
    Sydney NS, Nova Scotia
    United States of America

Alpha Financial Serives Fraudulent Check Scam Sydney NS , Nova Scotia

Today I received a $4800 check in the mail claiming that I had won a $450,000 Sweepstakes.

I have heard of this scam before but I played along and first called the company the check was written on Performance Tech Services of Charlotte, NC. Check looked good and was from the First Citizen Bank of Charlotte.

The lady on the phone told me the check was fraudulent and that the account was closed.

I then called the claims agent listed in the letter - Oscar Will at 778-317-9637. He sounded like he was African. He told me to deposit the check and then call him back after the check was deposited.

I told him I called the company listed on the check and told him what they said. He got mad and said I had no right to call them and said I was stupid.

I laughed and hung up on him.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2011 05:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/alpha-financial-serives/sydney-ns-nova-scotia-/alpha-financial-serives-fraudulent-check-scam-sydney-ns-nova-scotia-692641. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content