Complaint Review: Alpha Products International - X-Treme Electirc Scooters

• Reported By: Todd North Carolina
  • Alpha Products International - X-Treme Electirc Scooters
    910 N 19th Ave.
    Newton, Iowa

Alpha Products - Extreme Scooters - X-Treme Electirc Scooters - Electric ATV pure junk, totally misrepresented, customer support NO Electric at all Newton Iowa

Supposed to run for miles on a charge, goes yards! Totally broke done after 2 weeks and it took 4 months of e mailing and part exchanges to get it back running and still will only run for about 15 minutes on a charge.

When dealing with their support they are only able to answer one question at a time even when you ask a couple of simple questions. The do not know their product, do not have any wiring diagrams.

I was told the controller was bad, then sent a new one, it was the wrong one, then they said they have 7 different models and have no idea which one was on my scooter and I had to return the one they sent me and the original. Then weeks later I get it back with the statement " controller was fine, we rewired it so the brake light would work".

You must be a very handy mechanic and electrial wizard to own this item, every repair is major. Here are the issues ( besides it will not run for more than 15 minutes).
1. arrived with broken seat - they replaced
2. rear axle makes terrible noise, thier solution - hammer the axel until it stops. ( I did not take their advise)
3. speed control handle fell apart
4. brake light does not work
5. flat tire
6. All 3 batteries were finally returned (at my expense) and new ones were sent with no explaination.

I contacted them again asking what was wrong with the batteries and they stated they had a bad shipment from China. Well lucky me I got 3 of 3 bad ones.

By the way the new ones still only last 15 minutes

The only way to communicate with them is by their customer support web site. A couple of times they did call, but they called my home number which I asked they call my work number but they did not and they have caller id blocked and will not give a return phone number.

Terrible terrible product and terrible customer support. $800 down the drain.
They also refused to replace this lemon, most likely because a new lemon would be sent.

Stay away from this company

Rt
Todd, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2008 10:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/alpha-products-international-x-treme-electirc-scooters/newton-iowa-50208/alpha-products-extreme-scooters-x-treme-electirc-scooters-electric-atv-pure-junk-to-327202. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content