Complaint Review: amana

• Submitted: Tue, October 09, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, October 09, 2012
  • Reported By: Carol — celina Ohio U.S.A.
  • amana

Internet
    United States of America

amana refrigerator defective at new, Internet

I bought a new amana refrigerator and it had a extra screw found by thier repairman.  The screw was causing the ice dispenser door not to close completely, leaving warm air to circulate freely inside by freezer compartment for over three months.  It got so bad that their was frost build up.  My electric was higher then usual, and I did not make the connection, as I was unaware that my brand new refrigerator was already broken.

I found this all out when the repairman was nice enough to be truthful. Amana Customer service rep Cindy was unfriendy, and tried to pass it off as that is ok, and offered no compensation, not even an apology.  Amana does not believe in quality assurance obviously, because simply checking thier appliances for quality BEFORE they leave the factory, and sold to unsupecting customers.  I will never buy an Amana product.  I bought this one at Menards.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2012 12:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/amana/internet/amana-refrigerator-defective-at-new-internet-952877. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content