Complaint Review: Amazon
Amazon Createspace, Amazon RipOff Under-Report Sales, Internet
1. amazon provide book sales to third parties, and the sales numbers are Extremely Lower than actual sales (4-10 times).
2. MANY author/publisher complained Amazon/Createspace did not update sales, when author/publisher's friends/family purchased books (informed). Amazon/Createspace do not think they have to respond to authors/publisher, and if they complain they are banned for life.
Sometimes, Amazon/Createspace excused that previous buyer returned books, and they did not report new sales. This is also underreporting sales: Amazon/Createspace sells used/returned books via Marketplace, and authors/publishers do not get royalties from sales on Marketplace. Therefore, Amazon/Createspace makes money either books are returned or not, while author/publisher do not get royalties.
3. I personally have evidence that when there have been sales ranking on Amazon websites, Amazon failed to report any sales. When I complain, Amazon either report a sale, or neglect.
4. One of my books have ONE SINGLE sales per Createspace's record. I did not select Extended Distribution Channel (EDC), but there were multiple third parties and Amazon's own Marketplace were selling this book at the same time. Since I have copy rights, only Createspace/Amazon can sell my book, and only one copy was sold, there should not MULTIPLE sellers on this book.
Two of these sellers were selling the book 2-3 times higher than actual book price.
When I complained to Createspace and Amazon, Createspace's executives office responded I would get royalties when third parties sell. My concern was why there were MULTIPLE sellers, whom I did not authorize, but Createspace and Amazon have refused to respond on the issue.
Then Createspace's executive office ignorantly stated any one can sell my books without my permission??
This shows total ignorance of copyright/distribution laws. Since I complained to Amazon/Createspace's executives, they started retaliation.
5. Some people complained Amazon's legal department that some authors violate copy rights, but Amazon refused to remove higher ranking books (see below), while removing lower ranking books.
We have contacted AMAZON LEGAL DEPARMENT ABOUT THIS and they keep removing the book and these awful people just change the name, make up a new author and sell it again.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2012 08:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/amazon/internet/amazon-createspace-amazon-ripoff-under-report-sales-internet-828092. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here: