Complaint Review: Amazon

• Reported By: ab90011 — Los Angeles California
  • Amazon

, Select State/Province
    USA

Bought a Kindle for my daughter (ten years old) for Xmas.  She registered the device and gave it a password.  She didn't use the device after Xmas morning.  She now (2/28) decided that she wants to use the device.  She has forgotten the email address she used and her password.  I have the reciept but Amazon tell me that there is nothing I can do without the email address that was registered with the Kindle.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2014 11:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/amazon/select-stateprovince/amazon-didnt-stand-behind-their-kindle-seattle-washington-1127304. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Quick Fix Doesn't Work

AUTHOR: ab90011 - ()

I was on the phone with Amazon on more than one occasion.  We attempted this but it doesn't work for my Kindle.  The person I talked to stated that it appears some type of Enterpirse Encryption was turned on.  Again I can shoe that I purchased this Kindle less than 3 months ago and they won't do anything for me.

Simple Fix

AUTHOR: coast - ()

Resetting the Kindle will delete all user content.

To reset the Kindle type resetmykindle into the passcode field. Press the Enter key.

How, again, is this a Ripoff by Amazon?

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

Sounds like they need the info to access the information.  Sorry this happened to her, but  you're blaming the wrong one here.