Complaint Review: Amazon.com

• Reported By: MP***** — BERKELEY California USA
  • Amazon.com

Internet
    USA

Amazon.com Amazon refunded buyer money before I got item back, now buyer won't return item Bay Area, CA Internet

I am a first (and last!!!) time seller on Amazon.com. I sold a buyer a $600 item in Nov. A few days later he requested a refund via Amazon's a-z policy, which requires me to respond in 3 days or his money is automatically refuneded to him by Amazon out of my account, including return shipping expenses. I didn't respond to his request in 3 days since as a first-time seller I was unaware of this policy and thought that I would be getting my item mailed back to me before any money would be refunded, but before I knew what had happened he had his money back from my bank account and I was yet without my item.

Since that time, I've been trying to get the item back from the buyer any way I can, but he refuses. I sense that he is scamming me and was able to use Amazon's screwed-up policy in order to get an item for free that belongs to me. My repeated contacts (phone and email) to Amazon seller support get me nowhere, since they say that once the buyer receives the money it is no longer their concern, and from that point on the buyer is under no obligation to return the item. In fact, they even sent my buyer a message saying he can just throw the item away, donate it, or use it for free. I am dumbfounded over this insane policy, and will never sell anything on Amazon again unless they refund me my money or they pressure the buyer to send it back, neither of which seem likely.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2017 11:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/amazoncom/internet/amazoncom-amazon-refunded-buyer-money-before-i-got-item-back-now-buyer-wont-return-ite-1354019. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content