Complaint Review: Amazon.com

• Reported By: 13850 New York
  • Amazon.com
    www.amazon.com
    Internet

Amazon.com benefits from stolen goods Internet

I have been an Amazon.com buyer for years and never had problems until my last purchase. I purchased a used book from one of many Amazon.com independent sellers (to which Amazon.com charges commission) and what happend is that the seller send me a book that had the stamp and the control number of a public library. After contacting the library's supervisor by phone, I discovered that the book should be in the library (conclusion? the book was stolen and then sold to me!)thus, I shipped it back to where it should be in the first place (at my expense!)

When I contacted Amazon.com to inform on the situation and to request a refund (I do not think it is fair to let the seller keep the money) I was told by that Amazon.com could do nothing about it. If I wanted a refund on the money I paid for the item, I would have to contact the seller myself!!! And I would get a refund only if the seller agreed to it. Just then, Amazon.com would process the refund. Now, what concerns me the most is that Amazon.com never show concerns on making a commission on a stolen good! Isn't it a crime?

Rosa
13850, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2004 07:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/amazoncom/internet/amazoncom-benefits-from-stolen-goods-internet-83583. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content