Complaint Review:

• Updated: Thu, April 20, 2017

• Reported By: Polly Purebred — Woodbridge Virginia USA
Amazon.com
Internet USA

Amazon.com Customer Service Supervisor "For your convenience your package was delivered to UPS" Internet

15 years of purchasing from Amazon for all kinds of items, often spending over $25,000 a year simply to not have to stand in endless lines at WalMart, Costco, Target, Home Depot, etc, and incorrect medical treatment confines me to a wheelchair for life at 56. This made using Amazon not just about paying more in exchange for convenience, but a matter of survival. I moved from my large house in Northern Virginia to a handicapped access ground floor apartment in the same zip code and Amazon suddenly has trouble finding my apartment building 75% of the time--they told me that a sub-contractor carrier, AMZL finds an apt building with an extremely easy to use security door, claim my packages "undeliverable," even when "AMZL" has delivered another package even 20 minutes earlier! Today they sent me a text saying, "For your convenience your package has been delivered to UPS Springfield VA." I immediately call Amazon customer service and 1st person said "delivery was attempted. " Really? I've been home all day. Frustrated, I hang up, and call again correctly assuming I'll get a different person. When she starts her spiel, I informed her to skip the BS because I wrote a call center customer service manual in 1992 which is still used by many companies today, but to get her supervisor. I am told by the supervisor that my $7 item was "undeliverable" and I only had to go to the UPS store in nearby Springfield, except even if I could drive, the same item could be had at half that cost at 5 different chain/"big box" stores within 1/2 mile of my apartment and how in any universe is an 8 mile drive to either the UPS warehouse or the 4 "UPS Stores" also located in Springfield VA "convenient" via I-95 on the next day--a Friday(!) for a profoundly disabled person?Amazon's tracking appears to be deliberately falsified because it indicates no delivery was attempted at all. It's been 2 hrs since I received the text message, and for 1 hr and 55 minutes, I've been given the runaround. A year ago, I sent a certified letter to Seattle after locating an Amazon Customer Service Supervisor on LinkedIn, and got no reply. To someone like myself who was getting paid almost $50/hr at the end of earning ability, having blockhead call center employees waste MY time over a $7 item is irritating in the extreme. Not even once have they given me anything resembling a straight answer. The worst person was the Supervisor who was exceedingly rude. I'm exhausted by their indifference, and they don't care that they're losing in a customer, or thousands of customers. They advertise that they can deliver locally in Metropolitan DC within a 2 hour window and unless they deliver via drones or helicopters that's a joke as anyone who lives around Washington DC. Walmart.com has 2 day delivery at half the cost of an Amazon Prime account. Why deal with such abysmal support? With Amazon's lousy Customer Service you get nothing at all but endless hassle for paying minimally 25% more? I set up my account on Walmart.com and will gladly cancel even my streaming video from them which is also a ripoff.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2017 06:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/amazoncom/internet/amazoncom-customer-service-supervisor-for-your-convenience-your-package-was-delivered-1368810. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Amazon.com